I had the privilege of developing a second recipe for a quarterly newsletter to highlight papaya (read about the first recipe I developed here!). Now that I’m a new mom and need a fast and filling breakfast, overnight oats are perfect. These are packed with protein thanks to the addition of Greek yogurt. The combination of honey and almond is delicious with any fruit if you can’t find papaya. I hope you enjoy these as much as I have!
Papaya Almond Overnight Oats
Nutrition Information: Serving size: 1 recipe Calories: 312kcal Fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 50g Protein: 19g
Recipe adapted from Everyday Annie
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. honey (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped papaya, for serving
- Toasted almonds (optional) for serving
- In a jar or storage container, combine the milk and yogurt. Stir until no lumps remain.
- Add the oats, chia seeds, almond extract and honey to the jar.
- Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Place lid on jar or container and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove the lid and top the oatmeal with chopped papaya and almost, if using. Add additional honey as needed.
© 2021 Copyright Confections of a Dietitian